CLTWater is meeting with Mecklenburg County in late July to review final asphalt paving and other restoration tasks. The greenway is estimated to reopen mid-August 2020. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this large wastewater pipe repair.
Detailed updates May through July 2020:
- The area adjacent to Tuckaseegee Rd. bridge is now fully restored
- The stone access road was removed, and the entire area was seeded/strawed
- Rip rap placed along channel which feeds the main creek was installed
- Crews removed large spoil piles of dirt, grading/drainage, road removal, seed/straw, tree/shrub planting, fence removal, and trail restoration
- Grass is coming in nicely throughout the park; shoulders along upper greenway trail have been restored with the exception of parking/turnout area
- Repair site was hydro-seeded and plantings were installed.
- The lower section of the greenway that was removed is being rebuilt
- Crews are continuing restoration and preparing area for reopening