This year has been a challenging year for all of us, in more ways than one. Even in the face of many challenges, we continued with our hard work and day-to-day operations and continued to be an award-winning utility.
As the year comes to a close, we take a moment to look back and recognize our utility and our staff for their hard work during this uncertain year. This year many award ceremonies were held virtually, including NCAWA, which held their 50th anniversary awards ceremony and recognized our utility during this conference.
NC AWWA-WEA Awards
- Platinum Peak Performance Award: McAlpine Wastewater Treatment Plant and McDowell Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Gold Peak Performance Award: Sugar Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, Mallard Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, Oxford Glen Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Silver Peak Performance Award: Irwin Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant, Ashe Plantation Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Charlotte Water Deputy Director, Ron Hargrove: George Warren Fuller Award
- Sugar Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant Supervisor, Billy Allen: Arthur Sidney Bedell Award
NC AWWA-WEA Virtual Operations Challenge & Awards
- Women of Wastewater (represented by Muriel Steele and Trinh Nguyen): 2nd place in Division 2
- Weir#1 (represented by Will Rice and Matthew Carter): 5th place in Division 3
Charlotte Water was also recognized as a Utility of the Future Today for the fourth year in a row. This program recognizes utilities that exhibit sustainability and resilience in the communities they serve, and this year’s recognition focused largely on partnering and engagement. We were one of 65 utilities recognized this year and one of three utilities recognized for the fourth year in a row.
We are so proud of the great work our utility has accomplished this year, and we will continue our hard work to be an award-winning utility in 2021.
For more information about our awards, please visit the awards page on our website.