Charlotte Water crews are continuing their repairs along the Stewart Creek Greenway from a wastewater pipe that fell and broke into the eroded creek bank in early February.
Here’s an update on what crews have completed over the last couple of weeks, and what they are continuing to work on:
- Installation of sheet piles completed
- Site was prepared to begin the installation of new pipe
- Remaining concrete pipe removed, broken, and hauled off site
- Crews have installed 120 feet of pipe, and have 230 feet remaining.
- If weather permits, they hope to have all of the pipe installed and ready for testing by the end of the week
Please continue to help our crews by adhering to the following safety measures:
- Avoid the construction entrance at the intersection of Lela Avenue and Walnut Avenue near Litaker Avenue.
- Toss in the toilet: only toilet paper.
- Toss in the trash: paper towels, wipes, hair, cotton swabs, feminine products, dental floss, coffee grounds, and excess food.
- Drain in the sink: soap suds, small amounts of foods from plate, and liquids.
- Take to a full-service recycling center: used and expired oils and grease.
- Suspect A Sewage Spill? Call 311 or 704-336-7600 say or select sewer emergency. We will respond 24 hours-a-day.