Charlotte Water crews are in the latter phase of the extensive emergency wastewater pipe replacement under the Stewart Creek Greenway.
Here is an update for the week of April 13:
- All pipe has been installed
- As of Thursday, April 9, the pipe passed all required testing
- The bypass pumps were then taken offline, and the new line is now active
- Clean fill material (soil) was delivered last week, due to the existing soil not being conducive for backfilling
- Crew will now begin the breakdown of the bypass pumping this week, and will also begin trimming sheet piles, and complete final backfilling and stream bank restoration
How You Can Help:
- Stay safe: Avoid the construction entrance at the intersection of Lela Avenue and Walnut Avenue near Litaker Avenue.
- Toss in the toilet: only toilet paper.
- Toss in the trash: paper towels, wipes, hair, cotton swabs, feminine products, dental floss, coffee grounds, and excess food.
- Drain in the sink: soap suds, small amounts of foods from plate, and liquids.
- Take to a full-service recycling center: used and expired oils and grease.
- Suspect A Sewage Spill? Call 311 or 704-336-7600 say or select sewer emergency. We will respond 24 hours-a-day.