On May 18th, Charlotte experienced one of the largest fires in the city’s history. Charlotte Water (CLTWater) responded with
- Managers on location to assist with any water supply needs,
- Operators pumped more water to the area,
- Crews were on hand to assist if there were any water supply challenges.
- Crews surveyed the area looking for and responding to water main breaks.
- Water main breaks are likely after a massive flow of water is used for fighting fires.
Thank you to all that assisted in the response to ensure there was enough water supply and pressure for the Charlotte Fire Department (CFD) response.
“The partnership with the Charlotte Fire Department started more than 100 years ago and it is a weekly and sometimes daily coordination that enables us to assist in this crucial public safety role,”,” said Angela Charles, Director of Charlotte Water. “The investment in our water infrastructure has been instrumental in maintaining water supply and water pressure to serve our growing community and public safety needs.”